Terms and conditions for Guitar Lessons with Luke Aylward
This does not include lessons in schools, each school have their own service agreement with me, which is emailed to you before lessons start.
Tuition is offered subject to payment of fees. By accepting tuition you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
30 minute lesson £20
60 minute lesson £40
Block bookings of 6 or 10 paid in advance are available with discount
6X30 minute lessons £116
10X30 minute lessons £180
6X1 hour lessons £236
10X1 hour lessons £360
- Students will only receive lessons that have been paid for in advance and by the due date on the
invoice. Or if cash in hand before I leave the house, build up of debt will result in lessons being terminated.
- No refunds will be given for students who stop attending lessons before a block has finished.
- If your bank account name doesn’t clearly include your name, please put your child's name as a reference
- Every effort will be made to reschedule lessons on the regular teaching day if at least a weeks notice is given of the student's inability to attend but this cannot be guaranteed.
- If the student is ill or isolating lessons can still take place via FaceTime, Skype, or Whatsapp at the designated time.
- An alternative session will be offered should it be necessary for me to cancel a lesson.
- It is the responsibility of the parents/student to provide guitars, books and other equipment, such as plectrums, capos, footstools and electric guitar leads.
Before booking a block of lessons, we'll have a 30 minute trial lesson to see if we're a good fit, after this there's no obligation for either side to continue or give reasons.
24 hours notice must be given or the full fee will be paid regardless of reason.
Should you wish to stop regular lessons I require 2 weeks notice so I'm able to fill the space
In the unlikely event of aggressive or totally unacceptable behaviour, lessons will unfortunately be terminated immediately
Equipment and rental
- Students must have instruments and equipment that are in good working order
- Very low priced guitars generally do not come into this category.
- Second hand guitars should be purchased from or approved by a trusted guitar shop, I recommend Intersound Dursley: 56 Parsonage St, Dursley GL11 4AA.
- As an alternative to purchasing a guitar, you can rent one from me for the price of £20 a month paid in advance, any damage caused during time of rental must be paid for by the parent.
Nails on the left hand must be short enough to press the string down without daylight escaping, without this it’s impossible to play guitar. I recommend cutting the left hand nails on the same day/time each week and setting a phone reminder on repeat, that’s what I do.
I have read and fully accept the terms of this agreement.
Signed by the parent) ___________________________