Terms and conditions
Duration and cost
Lessons at my house: Stroud only
- £16 for 30 minute lesson
- £27 for 60 minute lesson
Lessons at Treblerock Clifton:
£20 per half hour
£40 per hour
Please be punctual, as lessons for students after yours will have to start on time.
Lessons at your home or location:
- £30 for 60 minutes (including up to 15 minute travelling time)
I divide my day into teaching blocks and travelling to and from student’s homes takes up part of the working day. Travelling time is charged at a slightly lower rate than my teaching time in 15 minute intervals.
Blocks paid in advance £15 & £25
Booking blocks of 5 or 10 lessons in advance will reduce the rate saving you money.
Scholarship £13 & £23 (TWO SPACES LEFT)
This program is only for students committed to becoming professional musicians, who genuinely cannot afford full price.
These students must set stretch goals including regular exams and live performance, failure to follow my exact instruction will result in losing this offer with immediate effect. These students must also be willing to promote my services on Instagram, Facebook, ect.
Payment must be made on the day of the lesson, or the start of a block.
- Payment in cash, cheque, or bank transfer please
- Block payment must be settled within 7 days of date on invoice
- This is my job, not paying on time puts me in dangerous situations, if you're not serious please do not sign up. Thanks for your understanding.
Initial lessons are a chance for both the student and the teacher to see if it is possible to proceed with tuition. There is no obligation on either side to continue after a trial lesson, neither is there any obligation on either side to state reasons. Trial lessons are charged at the same rate as any other lessons.
Lessons may be terminated by either the student (student's parent where relevant) or the teacher with two weeks notice given either in writing, by email or text. Please ensure notice is confirmed by the teacher. As with trial lessons, there is no obligation on either side to state reasons. Although the terms and conditions need to be accepted, there is no formal contract. In the event of totally unacceptable, aggressive or abusive behaviour lessons will be terminated immediately.
- Lessons can be cancelled by the student providing 24 hours notice is given.
- If 24 hours notice of cancellation is not received, and the student is unable to attend the lesson for any reason whatsoever, the full fee will be forfeited. To cancel a lesson the student should call or text 07948218891
Pets such as dogs must always be kept under control and not allowed to interrupt the lesson. If they play with or jump on my equipment any damage must be paid for. They must not jump up at me either.
Equipment and rental
- Students must have instruments and equipment that are in good working order
- Cheap and second hand guitars generally do not come into this category.
- If you cannot afford a functional guitar, you can rent one from me for the reasonable price of £18 a month paid in advance, all damage caused during time of rental must be paid for by the student.
Nails on the left hand must be short enough to press the string down without daylight escaping, without this it is physically impossible to play the guitar.
I have read and fully accept the terms of this agreement.
Signed by the student (or parent) ___________________________