Terms and conditions
Lessons will stop immediately if the terms and conditions are ignored.
Duration and cost
Lessons at my house:
- £16 for 30 minute lesson
- £30 for 60 minute lesson
Lessons at Treblerock Clifton:
£15 per 20 minutes
£20 per half hour
£40 per hour
Please be punctual, as lessons for students after yours will have to start on time.
Lessons at your home or location:
- £35 for 60 minutes (including up to 15 minute travelling time)
I divide my day into teaching blocks and travelling to and from student’s homes takes up part of the working day. Travelling time is charged at a slightly lower rate than my teaching time in 15 minute intervals.
Blocks paid in advance
£15 per half hour
£25 per hour.
Booking blocks of 5 or 10 lessons in advance will reduce the rate saving you money. You can also book a month up front.
Group lessons are for students 11 years and over.
2 Students: £22 each
3 Students: £20 each
2 Students: £12 each
3 Students: £10 each
Payment must be made on the day of the lesson, or the start of a block.
- Payment in cash, cheque, or bank transfer please
- Block payments must be settled within 7 days of date on invoice, late fee's will be added thereafter.
- This is my only income, It cannot be hit and miss as my bills don't pay themselves. If you're looking for cheap or convenient lessons this is not for you.
I must be in direct contact with whoever pays the invoice, not sending it to one parent to forward to another, that doesn't work.
Initial lessons are a chance for both the student and the teacher to see if it is possible to proceed with tuition. There is no obligation on either side to continue after a trial lesson, neither is there any obligation on either side to state reasons. Trial lessons are charged at the same rate as any other lessons.
Lessons may be terminated by either the student (student's parent where relevant) or the teacher with two weeks notice given either in writing, by email or text. Please ensure notice is confirmed by the teacher. As with trial lessons, there is no obligation on either side to state reasons. Although the terms and conditions need to be accepted, there is no formal contract. In the event of totally unacceptable, aggressive or abusive behaviour lessons will be terminated immediately.
- Lessons can be cancelled by the student providing 24 hours notice is given.
- If 24 hours notice of cancellation is not received, and the student is unable to attend the lesson for any reason whatsoever, the full fee will be forfeited. To cancel a lesson the student should call or text 07948218891
Pets such as dogs must always be kept under control and not allowed to interrupt the lesson. If they play with or jump on my equipment any damage must be paid for. They must not jump up at me either.
Equipment and rental
- Students must have instruments and equipment that are in good working order
- Cheap and second hand guitars generally do not come into this category.
- Second hand guitars must be approved by trusted guitar specialists: Treblerock Clifton, Intersound Dursley, or A Remus Sound Gloucester.
- If you cannot afford a functional guitar, you can rent one from me for the reasonable price of £18 a month paid in advance, all damage caused during time of rental must be paid for by the student.
We all need to play five times a week in order to achieve anything.
Nails on the left hand must be short enough to press the string down without daylight escaping, without this it is physically impossible to play the guitar.
Guitar exams require serious work and preparation.
Students taking exams must follow my exact instructions, students ignoring instructions cannot hold me accountable for the result.
I have read and fully accept the terms of this agreement.
Signed by the student (or parent) ___________________________
Date ___________We all need to play five times a week in order to achieve anything.